It’s no news that the Corona virus (Covid-19) virus has spread out its wings far and wide leaving the World in utter confusion of what to do, Where to go, who is safe to talk to or how to go about our daily lives and live without fear.
It’s also no news that a lot of us will definitely want to travel and visit families without having to be at risk. This is why we have laid out preventive measures in order to ease travel experience and a safe trip. According to the World Health Organisation(WHO), Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).It is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
1. Sanitizers. Sanitizers are very essential at this time, especially alcohol based sanitizers that contains at least 60% alcohol and as such should be carried at all times. Make sure to always have a sanitizer in your back pack, hand bag, purse etc.
2. Washing of hands. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. There is never a thing as too clean. Because a lot of us could be handy we need to try to avoid touching our eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. Soap and water should be used if hands are very dirty.
3. Sickness. Avoid contact with sick people. In a situation, you come across a person coughing, sneezing or having a drooling nose. Make sure to at least be few centimeters away from such a person to be on a safe side.
4. Personal hygiene. It is very important to have clean hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
5. Face mask. Wear a facemask only if you are sick and coughing or sneezing to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses to others. If you are not sick it is more important to take these important steps to reduce your chances of getting sick. If at any point you feel sick before traveling endeavor to visit the hospital and get a vaccine.
6. Public avoidance. Avoid touching high touch surfaces in public places; elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. If you must, kindly use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something. You can also make use of alcoholic based hand gloves.
Make sure you Wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places.
In all of this we advise all travelers to be conscious of their surroundings and also hope that these preventive measures against the Corona virus (COVID 19) virus is helpful for all international travelers. Do stay safe and enjoy your travels.If you need more tips and help in planning a safe trip this period CLICK HERE