South African Visa
Do you intent journeying to Capetown, South Africa to experience its incredible nightlife, wine farms and game parks? You will need to obtain your South African visitor visa. Applying for any visa can be an anxious task but with a step-by-step guide, you’ll have a stress free visa application experience
Nigerian passport holders do require a visitor visa for South Africa, but it can be a smooth process with our help! You will need to apply at a VFS Global Centre branch in Abuja, Lagos or Port Harcourt. Always apply for your South African visitor visa at least 4 weeks before you travel to allow for ample processing time (and to spare yourself some stress!)
Please check your eligibility before beginning the application process and submitting your application well in advance of flight departure.
- Application Form (BI84) fully completed in black ink only
- Two identical passport size (45mmx45mm) photographs on white background showing the complete face.
- A valid passport (validity of at least 30 days after the intended stay)
- Copy of passport data page as well as copies of existing visa and previously issued visas.
- Self-introduction letter with physical address and phone number.
- Introduction/Recommendation letter from an Employer, where applicable, signed with contact details, (full names of the Employer’s, approved signatories, physical address and phone numbers).
- Verifiable hotel reservation/bookings which must be done directly with the hotels and not through third parties, (e.g. booking .com; hotel .com, HRS, etc).
- Copy of international vaccination card (yellow fever card) duly and fully completed by a health practitioner. A fully completed card should bear the following information; a. full names of the applicant; b. passport number; c. date of birth; d. gender/sex; e. signature of the applicant; f. date on which vaccine was taken; g. health practitioner’s signature and the name of the centre where the vaccine was taken/administered; h. manufacturer and batch number of the vaccine; i. official stamp of the vaccinating centre Children who are 10 years and below should submit their Clinic/Health Immunisation Cards. Any new Yellow Fever Card issued, should be in line with the International Helath Regulations of 2005
- Proof of financial status (six months recent bank statement) or financial support letter from employer with six months bank statement) in a case where the Employer is sponsoring the trip. In the event the applicant is travelling on a private capacity, the bank statement submitted should reflect the salary deposited into the applicant’s bank statement. Sponsored trips should always have a letter with full details of the sponsor and contact details; as well as a copy of identity card/passport data page. Certain Corporate Entities are exempted from this requirement.(Original, Stamped & Signed by the bank authority)
- Applicant travelling on an official business should, in addition to the above requirements, attach a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/conference, etc. from a South African Company with full details of the Company’s Authorised representative; physical address and phone numbers (landline number compulsory). All verifiable bookings (accommodation as well as flight) are required and should be submitted together with the application.
- Birth Certificate for Minors/Children travelling with parents. Where applicable, a consent letter/s with copy/ies of parent/s identification card/passport data page should be attached to the application.
- Marriage Certificate where applicable and if the intended stay will be for more than 90 days..
- Non Refundable Visa Fee of N8,600.00 excluding service fee
- Booking Verifiable Flight
Kindly follow the link below to check out the comprehensive requirements for South African Visa.